Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Using Preferences in Android

I am currently working on an Android app which can be configured by the user through preferences. Everybody who is somehow familiar with configuration dialogs in desktop applications or mobile phone apps knows that those configuration dialogs uses UI controls like checkboxes, radio buttons, list views, etc ...
On my trail through the official Android tutorial I didn't find any docs saying there is an Android preferences API which frees the developer from writing much code to display, read and store those preferences. Maybe I am to blind to find those docs ...
However, I found a few online tutorials which helped me a lot:

And of course the Android Preference API is always a good friend :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment