Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Moving towards JBoss 4.0.4.GA

I decided to upgrade my JBoss 4.0.3.SP1 to the newest version 4.0.4.GA. I am only interested in the EJB3 container so I have chosen to use the installer package to download.
The installation is quiet easy using the installer. Just simply choose the EJB3 container and everything gets installed. But the hardest part is still in front of us.
My client application fails with different exceptions communicating with the server. Argh!! Yes of course, I had to update my jboss client libraries. So here is the list of necessary libraries to update:
  • jboss-j2ee
  • jboss-ejb3x
  • jboss-ejb3
  • jboss-annotations-ejb3
  • jboss-aspect-library-jdk50
  • jbossall-client
  • jboss-aop-jdk50-client
After this I tried to deploy my application to the server, but it failed because of a missing class. I don't have the stacktrace anymore, sorry. But it stated something about a missing class with a package name like org.apache.commons.discovery, so I decided to put the commons-discovery in version 0.2 - which I had from my previous JBoss installation - and put it into the directory $jboss_home\server\default\deploy\ejb3.deployer. That was the trick. Now it's working!

No comments:

Post a Comment